October 9, 2011

SEPTEMBER

We spend a lot of time outdoors in September. Emree was broken in to the Atwood way of life for the month. It's like Christmas to them all. I'm so happy to be a part of the tradition because I have loved being outdoors so much these last several years. The last 4 hunting seasons I have been out there with Drake quite a bit. It's not like the killing of animals is what gets me out there, but the opportunity to be so close to them is amazing. Plus a long hike is a great workout! This year was very different! Em and I spent a lot of time at camp watching chick flicks and having girls nights while the family was out hunting. She does so good being outside and sleeping in our "Crappy Camper." It's so cute to have the other bed(table) pulled out for her. It's so cozy and Drake and I LOVED having her as an addition to our fall tradition. I just love me little sweetie! She is my constant companion and it would be strange now to not have her by my side all the time. Our parents offered to babysit, but it's hard to want to leave our little one. I wanted to add some of my favorite pictures of the month for my memory. Camo is a staple during September so some of those shower gifts were put to use for Emers. I HAVE to have a pink bow on her everytime though, she can't be too boyish. My friend Candee found this hat and mittens on our shopping trip to Utah while I was still pregnant. A little big still but so cute. She kept looking at me like what are you doing to me. She loves being outside. When she is being grumpy sometimes we will just walk outside a bit to help calm her down. I hope it lasts because I don't like how kids are inside so much now-a-days watching TV. I started trying to teach myself to crochet in August so I could make her some beanies. These were my first attempts. Drake calls them her helmets because they are a little funny shaped.

Emree LOVES her elephant! This cute little thing came with a blanket my aunt Cindy gave me. I gave it to Emree one day just to see how she liked it and she was hooked. Since about day one she HAS to have my hair in her hands or one of us holding her hands. It instantly calms her down. Now she will snuggle the elephant, (relieving my hair thank goodness) and go to sleep without a fist full of my hair. It's so cute to see her snuggled up so cozy.

2 comments:

Adam and Dantzelle said...

Emery is such a doll!! I love all her cute camo! That was fun seeing you girls. You are right! There isn't anything like having a baby! It's been so great.

Kaeli & Kyle said...

oh my gosh I love her!!! She is beautiful! I love the second picture! Cant wait to see yoU!