August 29, 2010

ALZADA MONTANA


Drake and I setting up for hunting antelope.

Brock and I with a antelope in the back ground. Notice the arrows in the bottom of the picture, I design and paint my own. I love my pink ones! So Cute!


SICK!!! This is one of the beasts that intrude in our hunting blinds. I seriously had to kill one by myself. Proud moment for me.

My mother in law Nancy, packed accordingly to my sweet tooth... Kinda embarrassing how happy I am in this picture... ha

On the 13th we pulled out with the Atwood family headed for Alzada Montana. I'm sure no one has ever heard of it because there are probably only 5 people that live there. It takes over 10 hours to drive there. All 5 of us drew antelope tags so we spent 10 days hunting. Drake counted about 91 hours total that each of us spent in our hunting blinds. A hunting blind is what we are standing in front of above. It's like a tent with no floor. To hunt antelope, or lopes as I prefer to call them, you get up at 6 AM and drive your fourwheeler out to your water hole. You climb into your blind and sit there for around 13 hours a day waiting for a lope to come get a drink. It is soooo hot there. The tempature was 90-100 degrees, and the blinds just trap the heat. Pretty much by the end of the day you dont have much clothing left on. Drake and I sat at the same water hole for a few days in our two seperate blinds, and we had walkie talkies to communicate back and forth. I drove him crazy because I'm worse than a little kid with them and would try to talk to him all day. They are seriously fun. Ha. I pretty much just read books and relaxed out there, being out of cell service for a week is actually amazingly nice. The last day of the hunt Drake was able to harvest a good antelope buck. The meat is very good when prepared right and a blessing to stock up our freezer. Two years ago when we went out there I wrecked a fourwheeler into a barbwire fence, so to come home unharmed this year was an added bonus. I know a lot of people don't understand the hunting lifestyle, but it really is something I'm learning to love. Being so close to animals is so cool, and spending that time with Drake makes all the spiders, and heat worth it.

7 comments:

Anna said...

whoa T you are so hard core! Really though so cool that you and your husband can enjoy such a fun adventure together!

The McGuire Family said...

that spider IS NASTY!!!!! i miss you COME TO LOGAN!!!!!

Candee said...

Glad you guys had fun. That spider just about put me over the edge!

Linda said...

You are such a great wife to spend 91 hours antelope hunting with your husband! You rock!! That spider is huge!!! Yuck!!

Kaeli & Kyle said...

YAY!! Youre back! Now its time for some girl time! I missed you!!

Chris and Meredith Thomason said...

Tiana! Ok, I love you! I love the candy picture :) You are so cute. That is totally how I am around candy lol.
You are such a good wife. I would have killed myself out there! Im proud of you girl

Meg & Cache said...

You are every hunting man's dream wife!! That's awesome you guys get to spend so much time together doing what you love! Even tho i feel bad for your "lope" :) We will be coming to rexburg soon and I would love to see you!!